Wednesday, May 09, 2007

you call, you win.

So I'm sitting down in my car from coming out of Publix two nights ago, and when I turn the car on, the radio turns on and the DJ says, "Ok, call and sing 10 seconds of any song you want and you win a playstation SingStar prize pack." (http://www.us.playstation.com/SingStarRocks/)

I figure, why not. So I called and got through, but then the guy said that I was caller 82 and hung up. At that point I realized that I had to be caller 100 since it was Q100 and they do the constests that way and I was caller 82 which kinda stunk, but I was determined to keep calling and after 3 network busy signals and 1 line is busy signal I actually get a ring...ring....ring......ring.......ring........ring..... ring.... I'm thinking to myself now "great I probably over shot and they are just gonna let me hang in ringing limbo until I hang up." Well, I didn't hang up, and after about 15 rings, they finally pick up the line and say "100." I was it! I was the 100th caller! Now all I had to do was sing 10 seconds of any song I wanted but I actually had to REMEMBER enough of the lines of a song to sing tens seconds. My brain was racing and every song that I had ever heard and sang to was turning into empty ghosts as if in some bad dream where you reach out for something and your hand goes right through it. I had to have the lines to SOME song stored on my head SOMEWHERE! I had to sing and I had to sing RIGHT NOW! My heart was racing and my mind was getting fogged more and more as every song I knew slipped away from my memory until I hit one song that I would never ....sigh ....never.....forget. It was in that moment that I began singing midway into "Part of you world" from The Little Mermaid. The Dj and the lady in the studio with him was rolling with laughter. They could not belive I was singing The Little Mermaid. Tem seconds finally came to pass they yelled, "You WIN!"
I was utterly amazed at what had just happened on a whim and now here I am giving them my information for a $320.00 prize package. I picked it up this morning after I got off work and now I have my very own PS2 and SingStar game pack. Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->