Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Perfect Drug

I read an article online at work today that inspired to throw my 2 cents out there. Obviously, I was immediatly replied to on my post with a "you're stupid" type of remark. In reading the the posts it reminded me of the things I had learned before and helped me to realize that I keep slipping back into the habits that I have been fighting against for so long. It is our fault but we're not completly to blame. Sure its your fault to jump off a cliff, but if everyone around you says its safe and there is a flashy sign saying its fun to jump off this cliff and everyone else does it then they have to share in the blame. Its the same way here. Ofcourse most people don't want more government control, but there needs to be regultaion of some level. Unfortunatly its like calling on Dr. Frankenstien to kill his own moster after it has been let loose on the world and then hailing him as a hero and ignoring that he was the one that let the monster out in the first place. All the inner workings of government regulations and corporate lobbists and looking the other way and manipulating laws are a completly different mine field that would be great to go into discussion about but I really don't feal like writing a 1 gig text file. Besides, everyone has an opinion about something and it always seems to be the flamers that love to make a point of telling people they are wrong.
http://fray.slate.com/?id=3936&m=17341713

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->