Monday, April 03, 2006

Get a clue lady

OK. Picture this. I'm in my office all by myself. Practicaly everyone else on this side of the BUILDING tries to leave between 2:30 pm and 4pm. I get a call... from a clinic. Roughly, this is how the coversation went.

Lady1: "Hello. I need 'Paper A."
Me: "Ok. Let's see if I can help. ... Sorry don't see that in the system."
Lady1: blah blah "oh well it was just done on friday so it 's probably not ready yet. Thank you."
2 minutes later...
Lady2: "Hey, I need PaperA."
Me: Someone from your office just asked for PaperA."
Lady2 : "I know but I need it."
Me: "Its not ready"
Lady2: "Why not?"
Me: " I don't know. thats not my department. Maybe because it was done on friday."
Lady2: "Can you have it ready for me today?"
Me: "I have no control over it."
Lady2: " When will it be ready."
Me: "I have no idea."
Lady2: "ok"

2 minutes later...

Lady3: "Hey I need PaperA"
Me: "2 other ladies have asked for it and its not ready."
Lady3: "I know but I'm their manager and I need it."
Me: "I understand but that doesn't make it ready."
Lady3: " Can you have it ready today?"
Me: "I have no control over it."
Lady3: "Let me speak to someone else in your office."
Me: "I'm the only one here."
Lady3: "Where is your manager?"
Me: " She left at 2:30."
Lady3: " So how can I get this paper?"
Me: "I DON'T KNOW."
Lady3: " When will it be ready?"
Me: "I DON'T KNOW."
Lady3: "Who can I talk to?"
Me: "Try the department that handles that paperwork."
Lady3: "What is their number?"
Me: "I don't know."
Lady3: "Then how do I reach them?"
Me: "Ask the operator."
(transfered to Operator)

60 seconds later...

Lady2: " Hey I need PaperA"
Me: " I told Lady1 and Lady3 that its not ready."
Lady2: " Oh, Lady1 called? hrmm well we all need it by tomorrow morning."
Me: "Its not ready yet. It was done on Friday and its not in the system. I can only give what is in the system. "
Lady2 to Lady3: "He said it was done on Friday, but its not in the system.
Lady3 to Lady2: "Ask him when we can get it."
Lady2: " When can we get it?"
Me: " I don't know. Thats not my department. I have no control over it."
Lady2 to to Lady3: "He said he has no control over it."
Lady3 to lady2: " Ask him would we need to talk to."
Lady2: "Who do we need to talk to?"
Me: "That department."
Lady2 to Lady3: "That department."
Lady3 to lady2: "Whats the number?"
Lady2: "Whats the number?"
Me: "I don't know. Ask the operator."
(Tranfered to operator)

60 seconds later...
Lady1: "Hey I need PaperA."
Me: "I just told Lady2 and Lady3 everything they needed to do to get PaperA."
Lady1: " Ok. So what do I do?"
(Transfered to operator)

30 seconds later...

Lady3: "What is the number for the operator?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

ROFL I've had days like that.

6:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->