Thursday, April 06, 2006

John's Fast

So I go with Barry to meet John at Steak n Shake last night and John is all like, " I am so hungry. I haven't had anything all day." You see, he figured he would fast for the day, because he felt bad about himself for the night before. He ate an entire pizza by himself and most of a 2-liter Sprite. He went the whole day without eatting and then got to Steak n Shake and DECIMATED a sandwhich with fries and chili and a Sprite. He said he doesn't know much about fasting but he knows enough to not want to do it again. Ofcourse, Barry had to instantly jump in saying how fasting is bad for you and it robs your body of protien and muscle and your eating your own body and its one of the worst things you could do to yourself. (His vast knowledge coming from one or two bodybuilder magazine articles that he might have read 4 years ago. The rest just blind assumption.)I said a few things in protest but then just let him go with his speech because I've tried to explain it to him before but he never listens and takes whatever he says to be practicaly written in the Bible. So I didn't talk to John about fasting because first I don't like to preach to people. I just give them information if they ask and may tell them how it is helping me, and second, I didn't want to get in a debate with Barry, because that always turns into me just wanting to say he's stupid, so instead I just spin off the topic with a "Whatever" and move on to something else.He was probably just mad because he wanted me to try some "power bar" that he was pushing on me earlier that day and I said no because I hadn't eaten all day and wasn't going to ruin it right then.

Some people tend to find it slightly offending to not eat with them. I went to Steak n Shake but just sat there and enjoyed the conversation. You don't have to eat just because your going out with people, but its become part of our programing to the point that if someone says they don't want to eat, it can become awkward. Oh well, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->