Tuesday, April 04, 2006

a friend's pain

My friend's mother is going through some hard times at the moment. She is taking chemo and several medications, and it seems that it may be causing her mind to slip. This is causing a lot of worry for my friend and I in turn, I worry for her. I know how it feels to see a loved one slip off and all to quickly become a different person from the one you've known them to be your whole life. They are the same person, yet weaker. The pillar of strength and safety they once represented to you are worn away with time and are replaced. You begin to lend them a hand and use your strength to watch for them just as they did when you were young. At times like these you realise what it means to be an adult. To be grown up. You realize many things. Though I can relate, I can never feel what my friend is feeling during these times, and for that all I can offer is my support and my sympathy for Mylerna and her mother and hope that things become better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->