Friday, May 25, 2007

I am a sucker for chinese.

Today, I caught the early showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which was awsome. Afterwards, I left the theater feeling like I needed to do something "EPIC" This brings us to a flashback...
..
..
I have always had a thing for waitresses at chinese reaturants. I don't know why. They just appeal to me. Saving a few choice occasions for another time, we come to the Chinese buffet near my house. I have been going to this particular reasturant for quite some time now. Over a year at the least. Some (well several) months back, they added a new waitress to the staff. Very cute, shy ,just addorable. Oh and the glasses just put it over the top for me. Anyway. I started going there more to see her than because I was particularly hungry. I frequented there so often, actually that they began to have my drink ready for me before I even made it to the table.
I would take my time eating and just enjoy seeing her. nothing creepy. Just being there made me happy. All the while I would never talk to her more than the standard "is everything alright?" to which I would reply "yes" and continue on with my meal. ...
...

Well today I felt "EPIC" so while I had the momentum I decided to do something with it. I went to the restaurant even though I wasn't all that hungry and proceeded to chicken out. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to her. A few minutes went by as I finished my plate of crab rangoons and then it hit me. With the left over puddle of sweet and sour sauce on my plate, I took my fork and began scraping it into small piles and forming them into shapes. twice during this sculpting, she asked if I was done with my plate, to which I replied "No thankyou" with a smile and she went on. It took about 20 minutes of me lightly scraping away on this plate but when I was finished I looked over at her to get her attention and she came to my booth and leaned in a little as if expecting a question, to which I politely asked, "Can you read english well?" It took an extra second for her to understand the question, to which she replied "Yes, I can read english well." and then blushingly beamed a smile as I turned the plate towards her and she read little red letters made out of sweet and sour sauce, spread across my plate that spelled "You are beautiful." We talked for a moment and I actually asked her name. Me, in all my shyness when it comes to dealing with these matters actually asked her name. She told me her name and we talked for just a moment longer before she needed to go help another table. (I've learned there is not much time for chit chat when you work at a chinese reasturant.) We didn't speak after that. I finished my meal went up front to pay and leave. On the way out, she said goodbye to me, which I enjoyed, and then I left. It felt great. It was wonderful that I actually spoke to her, but this momentum of "EPICness" was not over. I couldn't let it end at that so as I was steping off the curb infront of the restaurant, I turned around and steped back inside to grab one of their business cards. I then stopped by the gas station because my tank was empty and grabbed a few gallons and steped inside to grab an instant game lottery ticket. I scratched it off in my car thinking of what I would do with the money if I had actually won anything and what ( or should I say "who") I would spend it on. Well, to my amazment, I actually won a modest yet very generous amount of money from this ticket, and ofcourse I knew what to do with it. I went next door to the flower shop. The little asian lady had just gotten back from a delivery and was unlocking the door when she saw me. She asked if she could help me and I said "Yes. I need help because I am clueless for I am a man." ... She understood...
I breifly explained the situation and gave her the address of the restaurant and name of the person the flowers were to be delivered to. She then asked, "What type of budget are we looking at?" to which I replied simply by reaching into my pocket and pullnig out a modest yet very generopus amount of cash and placing it on the table. Her eyes opened up very much with glee at the sight of the established budget and proceeded to tell me that everything would be taken care of. I picked out a small card, and wrote a few lines from the heart. She placed the card in a small envelope and took over from there. The flowers will be delivered toady at 5:00pm. I won't know the result until the next time I stop by to enjoy some chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->