Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Chronicles: The Path (2)

I have walked along the path for a number of days now. Days that are slowly turning over into weeks. Each day the battlements of the enemy grew closer and closer, and with each day they had more time to prepare a strategy for my defeat... but the path had been laid out before me and of all things that must be done, the simplest yet the hardest is to follow that path. Deviate ever so little and all would be lost. I have walked that path each day, and each day that path has seemed narrower and narrower until I was almost walking a tightrope> Strung over a vast precipice that is almost bottomless. Almost. Still deep enough to see the bottom so far below that knowing where it is is harder on the mind than not knowing at all.
Still, I walk the path.
The fight. Oh the fight has been hard. The enemies initial volley of arrows seemed easy enough to dodge. Unscathed, I marched on with confidence, but the next volley... The next volley blanketed the sky with black arrows, tipped in poison and malcontent. They poured down upon me like heavy rains beating against a stone, but like a stone they parted to the wayside for my shield protected me. Still I carried on. The next day, I was too close for the volleys of arrows, so the ground assault began. Waves upon waves of the enemy came upon me. The fight almost seemed to be a relief as it was tangible so I carried on. With the best of my skills I carved my way forward through the wall of opposition, but then... then came the spies. The snipers. Sabotage was among me. My mind filled with mixed thoughts. I waded through the field of confusion like a thick bog growing deeper and deeper, but ... I was still on the path, and that was the goal. Above all else, stay on the path.
After days of fighting, doubt gave way to certainty as the light of truth shined back down upon the battlefield, and I finally was once again able to clearly the see the path before me. Though the fight was long and hard and the enemies many, I had now realized that I had made it even farther than I had hoped.

The first walls have been toppled. I continue, not knowing what lay before me, but that doesn't matter because the path is still at my feat, and I carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->