Friday, September 08, 2006

Chronicles: I stand (1)

As with all of the great stories of our time, things are not always as they seem. Behind the wave of victory lies an undertoe. The lull of peace shrouded ever so delicatly by a darkness that somehow prevails. A foe that seems to steal the joy from your soul just when it was begining to feel warmth again.
I stand now, at the turn of a new era. When times have been shadowed by an ever looming evil. When my mortal foe turns out be my very self. When the battles over the years have all seemed to drag on and hope is all but lost, I stand. I regain the will to survive. To thrive. I will not lay down and be washed over by the rising tide. I will stand firm and I will beat it back to the very shores from wence it came. Through sacrifice. Through sweat and tears. Through the nightmares that stand before me upon the battlements, arrows notched and swords drawn. They await me. They have waited a long time for me. They knew I would choose this path eventually, but the path is all they know. The purpose lies hidden to all but me, and that will be their undoing. They stand ready before me, counting my steps. In their minds this is nothing more than a simple act of closure on matter of principle. It had to happen eventually.
Well, it won't happen. It never will.
I stand tall and I carry on. Each step forward bringing me closer to a doom that must be carried out. For whom this doom is meant is many, including myself, but not all doom is bad, atleast as long as I believe.

I stand now ready for battle. I have let go of that which has held me back and held me down. The fight shall be long and hard. Oh how hard this fight shall be. Through day and night, my waking hours will be tested. Even my dreams will be plagued. I will not rest easily for quite some time now, save for the grace of my guardian shall I find any temporary peace in my dreams.
I will fight them all the way back to the wall of their great and dark city and I single handedly will push on through the barred doors of their hall and slay all that stand in my way until I stand face to face with the one man with the power of will to have kept me cowered for so long, and we shall do battle. Standing there, tired and broken from all that have been strown behind me, I will stand with what strength I have left to call forth from the heavans and earth and I will fight. It will be my finest hour, or so I hope. I can not even imagine when this one final battle will end. My eyes have not the power to see that far into a future so shrouded as this.

I wear hope upon my shoulders as armor,
and my will shall be my sword through the fight.
Wisdom shall be my shield that will not sunder,
and love shall be my guiding light.

I know not where this path will end,
but I do know where it leads.
Solace is my only friend,
and only he shall know my deeds.

I have failed so many times before,
but defeat is an ending I will not choose.
Destiny knocks upon my door,
and its calling I can not refuse.

I stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->