Thursday, September 21, 2006

Chronicles: The Dragon (3)

I came upon the dragon last night. In the city just before the castle, he sat, looming over the buildings. Many people had come to slay him but they all had failed and fled. I stepped up, sword sheathed and bow drawn, and prepared to confront this beast once and for all. With all the knowledge that I had at my disposal , no matter how skillfully crafted my arrows may have been, once knocked, as if by magic, seemed inadequate and did nothing to the dragon when fired. Shot after shot I took, and the few arrows that actually did make it to the beasts scaly skin, did nothing but amuse the beast as it crouched, almost gloating as it took a swing at other attackers. My arrows were not enough, but I did not want to stand face to face with this beast for in its shear size and strength, it could easily devour me, but I did not run. I backed off and waited. Eventually, it grew tired of being annoyed by so many pointless attackers that it decided to chase them all away or devour any that stayed. I took this as an opportunity. As the many fled from the hulking mass, I gave the appearance of flight as well, only in a different direction. Diving to the ground behind a rising of dirt, I waited for the dragon to continue on after the others, but upon passing me, he stopped. He knew something was wrong... different. A thought was in the air that tasted bitter to his tongue. I had let my thoughts leak out and betray me. It was now or never. With the beasts back still turned to me, I leaped into stride and made haste to its back. Sword drawn and glowing bright white from the force of my will power, I ran up the beast's back without a thought and drove my sword deep into its back. The shock of this caused the dragon to arc his head back in an attempt to snap me in two with his razor sharp teeth and massive jaws, but the angle caused so much pain that he missed, and as I side stepped, I pulled the sword out and drove it in again and again until I began screaming at the beast. Over and over until 50 times I buried my sword into his back and the beast lay slumped over dead.
I had done it. It was my victory.
The war may not have been over yet, but that battle had most assuredly been won, and a major player of the enemy had been taken out of the equation.
Now, I continue on...
forward...
along the path...
to whatever lay ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->