Sunday, November 26, 2006

Structure? Who needs it.

A.K.A. Freeform

I don't know what I'm about to say. I just want to talk. You ever just want to talk? Sure you do. You don't know what you want to talk about. You just want to talk to somebody thats willing to listen. Its like taking a jog...not really, but it helps. You get get more than words off your chest. The words are just a conduit to carry the built up stress and emotions that have been growing inside of you. Sometimes you don't really have anything to say, but then again, that doesn't really matter because sometimes talking to someone isn't for their benefit, its for yours. It enables friends or even total strangers, to empathicly share the load that is on your shoulders. They don't mind carrying a little bit of the story of your life that you are willing to break off and disperse out to them because to them, the load is never quite as heavy as it was to you. Think back to all the times you have talked to someone about absolutely nothing , but the conversation lasted for hours. Its the link that matters, not the wether the story is actually going anywhere any time soon.
At the same time, being willing to listen to someone that has nothing to talk about is important. You never know what the person is going to have to say. They may be happy, they may be bored, they may just be venting...and forget to tell you thay they are venting.

I miss listening.
I miss talking.

I talk my fair share, but...

well...

I want to talk like I used to...

and listen again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to say so much in response to this post but find myself speachless....

You know I'm always here if you need me.

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->