Monday, July 03, 2006

"Even the best fall down sometimes."

I heard that line while on my way to work today (I got to work an hour early btw due to no traffic. How absurd!) and it seemed to be the line that perfectly captioned how my life was this weekend. Sometimes, you have to take the things you love and give them up for the betterment of yourself. Sometimes a love was never meant to be. Sometimes a love is onesided but you're too blind to notice until you realise that you have nowhere else to go and you tell yourself you must never even think about that part of your life again because it would hurt to much to relive the moments... and eventually, the dreams stop coming, almost being nightmares because they force you to relive those moments you treasured so much. Cursing them upon waking for giving you the chance to remember how good they were. Eventualy all the "what-if's" stop popping in your head, trying to expand on something that should never be expanded upon, but then again that is why you are expanding on it. Eventualy the pictures on the TV and the things you see in store windows stop reminding you of your past, and the songs on the radio turn back into just songs, instead of lyrics that were meaningful and seemed like they were sung for just you. Eventualy...."Eventualy" is a long time sometimes... years sometimes, but eventualy the memories fade and you go on with your life. If your lucky, you even stop asking yourself if it was really love, or just lust, or just a big onesided game. Well to me the answer was clear, it WAS just a big onesided game, and I was the one being played. All my time, and all my money. All my waking hours pouring over this love and what did I get in return? In the end... a lot of lost sleep. Thats about it. I wasn't bitter... well after a while I wasn't bitter "anymore." I just left it all behind me.
.
.
.
That is... until this weekend. I was weak. I had my guard down and it broadsided sided me. I wasn't ready for it. For all the memories flooding back in. All the old patterns coming back to the front of my mind. I relived all those memories like they were yesterday. By now all the bad parts of it had erroded away and I was embraced by the "good-times" in my head. I gave in. I played EQ. They released a new progression server, and my buddy John made character on all of his accounts but needed a hand with the Shaman. I aggreed. I had nothing better to do and it was the weekend anyway. Oh my god, I spent so much time without moving... just sitting in that chair. It was great.... maybe just on the weekends... and holidays... at John's house on his account...which used to be mine... no... no.... I must not think too hard on the subject...for now. We'll see. I'll post about what transpired over the weekend later.

Have a great day.
Andy

1 Comments:

Blogger Mylerna said...

Which server? We made one too.

Though I think EQ II will still hold most of my attention

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States

26 year old that has lived in the Metro Atlanta area for the past 5 years. I aspire to do many things but normaly just default to doing as little as possible without getting into too much trouble... but it works.

Powered by Blogger

-->